- Venue Info
Vystar Veterans Memorial Arena
300 A PHILIP RANDOLPH BLVD. JACKSONVILLE, FL 32202
Located in downtown Jacksonville, the arena is an (up to) 15,000 seat multi-purpose arena. We close the top level for Icemen games, limiting the capacity to approximately 8,500 so each fan feels like they're right on the ice and a part of the Icemen Experience.
FROM THE NORTH:
Take I-95 South to Union Street/Riverfront exit (353B) – continue approximately 2 miles on Union Street – remain in one of the two left lanes – continue straight onto the Matthews Bridge ramp – take the Sports Complex exit before the bridge – turn right on A. Philip Randolph Blvd., the Arena will be on your right.
FROM THE SOUTH:
Take I-95 North to the Main Street exit – go over the Main Street bridge – stay in the right lane – take 1st ramp on right through yield sign onto Water Street – veer left on to Newnan Street – immediately turn right at Bay Street traffic light – continue East on Bay Street (approximately 1 mile) – turn left on A Phillip Randolph Blvd.
FROM THE WEST:
Take I-10 East to I-95 North – take I-95 North to Union Street/Riverfront exit (353B) – continue approximately 2 miles to Union Street – remain in one of the two left lanes – continue straight onto the Matthews Bridge ramp – take the Sports Complex exit before the bridge – turn right on A. Philip Randolph Blvd., the Arena will be on your right.
FROM THE EAST:
Take Atlantic Blvd West to Southside Blvd – turn right on Southside Blvd – turn left onto Arlington Expressway (1st light) – continue West on Arlington Expressway over Matthews Bridge – follow to the Sports Complex exit – turn right on Albert St. – turn right on A. Philip Randolph Blvd., the Arena will be on your right.
The arena, football stadium, and the baseball grounds of Jacksonville share 6,604 on-site parking spaces, plus 100 handicap spaces. There is also additional parking within walking distance. Parking prices vary by event. In addition, there are designated areas for bus and truck parking to enable easy pick-ups and access to highways.
Purses, diaper bags and other small personal bags are allowed, but will be inspected at all entrances. Guests with prohibited items will be turned away at entrances. No storage or “check in” area will be provided for such items. Items confiscated at entry will not be returned.
The following items are NOT permitted inside the arena:
- Bags, backpacks, or purses larger than (12”x6”x12”) are NOT Permitted
- Food or Beverages
- Cans, bottles, coolers, or other similar containers
- Video Cameras/Equipment or Audio recorders (the permitted use of video equipment/cameras varies by event and is at the discretion of the promoter/producer)
- Tablets or iPad
- Drones or unmanned aerial vehicles
- Laser pens or laser products
- Helium Filled balloons
- Noise making devices (air horns, whistles, etc.)
- Children’s Car Seats/Infant Carriers (strollers are permitted but must be checked in at the Arena Lobby)
- Projectiles (including: Frisbees and beach balls)
- Oversized Signs (larger than 2’x3’). Approved signs are subject to building approval and must not obstruct the view of the other guests
- Stickers of any kind
- Skateboard, Skates (roller or in-line), Scooters, Hover boards
- Sticks, Poles, Selfie Sticks, or GoPro Sticks
- Illegal Weapons (knives, guns, explosives or any items that can be construed as an illegal weapon)
- Illegal substances of any kind
- Fireworks or any other incendiary device
- Face Masks/Articles Covering the Face
- Any other item deemed unacceptable by the JVMA management
A full search consists of the following: the guest being asked to open any coat, bag or container and also being physically patted down or screened with a metal detector. If contraband is detected, the guest will be asked to dispose of such item(s) prior to entering the building. Guest may be detained if the item(s) discovered is of an illegal nature.
No banners will be allowed in the arena. Signs no larger than a standard piece of poster board (2’ x 3’) are allowed providing they are in good taste, as deemed by arena management. Signs must not be commercial in nature or utilize wood, metal or other types of objects for support. They must not be hung or fastened anywhere in the building or displayed in any way that obstructs another guest’s view or blocks any arena signage or markings.
The permitted use of cameras varies by event and is at the discretion of the promoter/producer. However, cameras with lenses longer than 6 inches, professional lenses, detachable lenses or detachable flashes are prohibited from the arena. Use of video cameras, audio recording devices and digital cameras in video mode is strictly prohibited in the arena. The use of any of these items will result in confiscation and possible ejection from the arena.