The Jacksonville Icemen announced today it's list of protected players. Season-ending rosters are due to the ECHL by 3 p.m. ET on June 15 and may include up to 20 players, but cannot include any players who did not sign an ECHL contract in 2017-18.
Garet HuntColten VelosoMatt UstaskiTyson FawcettCody FowlieTanner EberleEverett ClarkBrendan CollierCameron CritchlowJosh EricksonEli LichtenwaldEmerson ClarkWacey RabbitTyler CoulterAlexandre GouletRyan GrahamCristiano DiGiacinto
Kyle BigosDajon MingoTravis JekeJack GloverDylan BlujusJustin WoodsKyle ShapiroChris JosephSteven Delisle
Denis TsarukAustin Lotz
Teams are allowed to protect as many players as they wish provided the players protected meet the guidelines as defined in the Collective Bargaining Agreement between the ECHL and the Professional Hockey Players’ Association which state that teams shall retain the rights to each player that:
1. Signed an SPC in 2017-18 with the Member, and has not been traded or released, OR
2. Signed an SPC in 2017-18, and was recalled to the NHL/AHL or IIHF team, and has not been traded or released, OR
3. Had received a Qualifying Offer last summer for the current Season, DID NOT sign an SPC, and has not been traded or released, OR
4. Has been suspended by the Member or League, and has not been traded or released, OR
5. Signed an SPC on or after the first day of the 2017-18 Regular Season, then subsequently signed an NHL/AHL contract, and has not been traded or released, OR
6. Has executed the ECHL Retirement Form, and has not been traded or released.